If you want to target the German tech sector with your products or services, it is certainly beneficial to understand the structure and dynamics of it.
I will sum-up the findings from the report of Deloitte from 2019:
- The sector generates about 230 billion euros and employs about 1 million people
- The hardware segment is getting less important while the software & services segment is expected to grow rapidly
- 68% of revenue in the software & services segment is generated in B2B
- The German mechanical engineering and automotive sector also generates comparatively strong demand for hardware
- German technology companies primarily export high-margin special hardware in the B2B segment
- Software and services are supplied first and foremost to German-speaking neighbors
- Digital growth industries are considered automotive (connected car), biotech, fintech, insuretech, e/m-health, and smart cities
- Top 3 trends are highlighted: internet of things and 5G, analytics and AI, XaaS
If you want to analyze individual software companies from Germany, you can start with participant lists of these three German associations:
PS. If you need help with targeting the German tech sector with your products or services, please feel free to reach out to www.scaleuphero.com.