What is the state of the German tech sector?
If you want to target the German tech sector with your products or services, it is certainly beneficial to understand the structure and dynamics of it.
I will sum-up the findings from the report of Deloitte from 2019:
- The sector generates about 230 billion euros and employs about 1 million people
- The hardware segment is getting less important while the software & services segment is expected to grow rapidly
- 68% of revenue in the software & services segment is generated in B2B
- The German mechanical engineering and automotive sector also generates comparatively strong demand for hardware
- German technology companies primarily export high-margin special hardware in the B2B segment
- Software and services are supplied first and foremost to German-speaking neighbors
- Digital growth industries are considered automotive (connected car), biotech, fintech, insuretech, e/m-health, and smart cities
- Top 3 trends are highlighted: internet of things and 5G, analytics and AI, XaaS
If you want to analyze individual software companies from Germany, you can start with participant lists of these three German associations:
PS. If you need help with targeting the German tech sector with your products or services, please feel free to reach out to www.scaleuphero.com.